Monday, June 25, 2012

Harvest Monday 6.25.12

Happy harvest Monday! 


I picked (and ate) the first Husky Cherry. I also picked/ate the ripe Chocolate Cherry this weekend, but forgot to take a picture. 

Four Kentucky Wonder beans. (Are they supposed to be that flat? Or did I not let them ripen long enough?) and 3 Gypsy peppers. 

Bush beans- I think they're slowing down, but I also don't have as many plants growing as the bush beans. I do have a second planting that's going to flower soon. 

Wax beans- finally got a decent harvest, and there are going to be tons more; they're slower than the bush beans, even though they were planted at the same time. 



 As you can see, the squash is getting bigger, so hopefully I'll have some squash to show off for harvest Monday. The peppers are the ones I harvested today. I only cut the three biggest, I'm gonna let the others change colors. Go see what other's are harvesting at Daphne's Dandelions




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first tomatoes of the season. They are the highlight of my gardening year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pace yourself with those tomatoes!!!! ;) I love squash flowers, they are so pretty! Especially with fruit attached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't grown KY Wonder for a few years I think they were slightly flat but not as much as the Italian style. I have been saving my own Blue Lake pole for about 5 years now and also grow the bush variety and Roma II bush. These seem to be what people want to buy in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually pick KW beans when they look like your bush beans. But small is also good! Looks like you might be over run with squash real soon.

    ReplyDelete